Thursday, September 6, 2007

Weirdness

So I've now completed both interviews scheduled for this week. And both were a little weird. Today's was only about 10-15 minutes and the primary interviewer was very professional in one of those matter-of-fact ways that can come across as a bit unfriendly. It turns out they haven't even hired the supervisor for the position they're hiring for and that person would need to do any second interviews, something that would have been nice to know ahead of time.

Tuesday's interview was a much more pleasant experience, except for the fact that it was over 2 1/2 hours. Both people who did the interviewing were very friendly (and talked a whole lot) and I felt like I could fit in in the office. I think I'm less qualified for the position than today's interview, but I'm still hopeful. It also turns out that two people who work in the office are mothers of friends/former teammates from my younger years. Both were very kind to me and put in good words for me.

Also today, I got my butt back into the pool after a period of slacking off and the YMCA being closed for their annual one week shutdown for maitenance. I actually had a very good swim and my freestyle felt really good. It improved my mood somewhat after the uncertainty of the interview.

No comments: