Thursday, September 20, 2007

THE Job!!!

So yesterday afternoon I had my "second interview" at the place I was really excited about. Turns out it wasn't really so much a second interview as much as my new boss getting the blessing from the executive director to hire me. After meeting said executive director, I did in fact get her blessing. I begin my new and (I think) really cool job on October 1st. The office seems incredibly friendly and I think I'm going to love the work. It's a great opportunity (very close to home) to use both my psychology degree and medical background in the same position. I will be working with people with physical disabilities doing job development. This is the perfect kind of position for me. It suddenly makes the 3 1/2 months of searching and interviewing worth it to get a position that couldn't be more perfect in a whole lot of ways.

2 comments:

jay said...

Awesome!!! Congrats!

J.R. said...

Congratulations!! Good things come to those who wait (and take gambles!)

Nothing Golden Stays