Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering Six Years Later

I would like to pause from my usual postings to remember the events of six years ago today. As an EMT in the NY City Metro Area, this is of particular importance to me. I ask that everyone remember the 2,974 people directly killed in the attacks, particularly the 343 members of FDNY, the six additional EMTs and paramedics, and the 60 Porth Authority and NYPD police officers, as well as all of those who have died since from diseases suffered as a result of the rescue and recovery efforts.

NEVER FORGET
9/11/2001

I would also like to ask everyone to remember those American troops who have given their lives for this country following the tragic events of 9/11. As of this posting, 440 American lives have been lost in Afghanistan and 3,774 have been lost in Iraq. Regardless of politics, we should all be grateful to those who have served.

No comments: