Monday, October 1, 2007

Day One

So I have successfully survived my first day of real-world employment. It was a whirlwind day, and I only spent about an hour in the actual office. Most of the day I was out in the field learning some of the ropes. Overall, the office is full of very nice people who seem excited to help out the new guy. It looks like it's gonna be a good deal. I can't complain about the commute either. It was also kinda cool to actually have my own desk somewhere with my own computer, key to the office, etc. It all made me feel like I'm taking on a real job.

The slightly bad news, is that I'm still sick. The good news is that I'm feeling better today than I did yesterday, and I generally felt pretty good at work until about 3ish, when I started feeling a little bit out of it. The job is generally 8-4, so I was already pretty much through the day by that point anyway. I just need to make sure I get enough sleep tonight.

So, day one is done, more updates to come.

2 comments:

J.R. said...

"Our little baby's all grows up!"

Nothing Golden Stays

jay said...

Glad it's been going well!