Wednesday, August 8, 2007

So tomorrow I head off to Florida for a few days. I'm looking forward to getting my roller coaster fix as I visit the Disney parks as well as the fantastic Universal Islands of Adventure. I promise more frequent updates upon my return. I know I've been slacking a little bit.

In less happy news, I just found out that the brother of a college friend and former EMT is at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland after sustaining injuries while fighting in Iraq. An IED exploded near a vehicle he was in. He currently is heavily sedated and in a coma with a head injury and numerous fractures and wounds. He is in for a very long recovery. All anyone can do right now I suppose, is to pray.

I will return a week from today with news from vacation.

3 comments:

Creative Thinker said...

I'll remember your friend...

jay said...

Sorry about your friend's brother but try to enjoy FL ok?

Anonymous said...

Well, have fun! If we knew each other a bit more months before this vacation you may have gotten a hook up. I used to work at Disney but I still love the theme parks as well as Universal and SeaWorld.

Dont spend too much money.