Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Around here we're on our third straight day in a row of really really lousy weather.  It's gray and unusually cold and raining more than it's not.  I'm one of those people who gets kind of down and really lacks any motivation when the weather is like this.  Of course, that's a slight problem since I have cover letters and phone calls to take care of.  I did actually manage to be fairly productive on that front today but I definitely had to struggle to be motivated enough.

The highlight of my day today, was going out to lunch with a friend from high school.  Essentially this guy and I are twins.  We met in middle school when we both swam for the same coach but in different programs and she found out we'd be attending the same private high school.  We share the same first name, both swam in high school, are both EMTs, both ran our respective ambulance corps or first response agencies at college, are both CPR Instructors, and to top off, both came out in college.  I was the one who told him he should become an EMT and he was the first person I came out to.  In any case, he's about to start a really cool job in a few days (which of course reminds me that I'm not) and we only had a short time to eat lunch as he had to run to his new apartment for the delivery of his bed.  In any case though, it was good to see him and doing well.  Although, for someone in the medical field, if he doesn't quit smoking (something that I, despite being his twin definitely do not do), I'm going to have to smack him upside the back of the head.

No comments: