Monday, August 27, 2007

Good News/Bad News

First, the good news. I got an interview for a week from tomorrow at a place I'd love to work right in my town. The woman who called me today said she was very excited about my resume and in particular had a lot of respect for my volunteer (and paid) EMS experience. She talked for a long time about what the position entails, but even after all of that, I was still excited about it. So, the day after Labor Day I'll be on my first interview in a little while. I'm trying not to get too excited or optimistic about it, but I think it's a job I have at least a reasonable chance of getting. The woman I spoke to also really liked that I was from very nearby and through my EMT experience was familiar with the area. So, that was the good news for the day.

The bad news is in regards to my cousin. He's about my age and has been pretty sick for a few months. I'll spare you the details, but he's been pretty miserable. The doctors are beginning to run out of possibilities and tests and are now investigating a few types of cancer. This certainly isn't good news and him and his immediate family as well as extended family are having a rough time of it. Classes for his senior year of college also begin next week, which it's seeming won't be likely for him. This is rough not only for him and his immediate family, but also the extended family as we're a very close Italian family who all live 2 minutes from each other. It hasn't been a fun week or so...

2 comments:

Mike said...

Hope the interview goes well!!! Sounds like they have an interest in you and you have an interest in them, so it sounds good.

Sorry to hear about your cousin!!! Hope things get better!!!

jay said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family member. I really hope something works out for him.

I want to wish you luck on your interview as well. Try to focus on the positives right now, at least for the duration of the interview if you can.