Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ahh...foiled again!

So, for the first time this summer I was planning on finally heading to our vacation home. It was going to be only me and the grandparents there. It was going to be quiet. I could sit on the beach and just relax and hang out with a friend who rents a house nearby. But no, I happened to get called for an interview today. I've been keeping my whole summer free so far to deal with that kind of thing, I finally decide to go relax, and of course, I get called for an interview. The voice on the other end of the phone of course asks if I can interview tomorrow. The response in my head was a combination of "YES!" and "Damnit!". The out loud was, "Yes, what time were you thinking?" Don't get me wrong. The interview is for a job I'd be pretty excited about. It's not surprising of course, that the one time I figure it's probably safe to be away from home a for a few days, I get a call for an interview. Oh well, at least they called today and not after I was already away.

In other news, for reasons I'm not sure of, I all of sudden decided I wanted to listen to Holst's The Planets. Right now, I'm listening to Jupiter on repeat. Just over three minutues into the piece there's a really really cool part.

3 comments:

J.R. said...

Augh! Reminds me of a few months ago when a job ended and I flew back to Texas for a little relaxation. The day after I landed in Austin, I get a call for a completely awesome new job, which of course they wanted me to start that afternoon... Life has a funny way of saying "go the Hell." Ha ha ha. Kidding.

Nothing Golden Stays

jay said...

No rest for the weary. Good luck man. I'm sure you'll knock their socks (among other things) off.

NYEMSWhacker said...

Haha...we can hope.

If I start laughing about that during my interview tomorrow, I'm blaming you!